Jordanthorpe School was one of a series of schools built in Sheffield after the Second World War. The style of these reliefs is reminiscent of work produced at the time of The Festival of Britain in 1951.
Location: Originally above an entrance to Jordanthorpe School. For a long time thought to have been destroyed but has now been spotted at the entrance to Meadowhead School, which now occupies the same site in buildings that were completed c. 2006. The sculptures have been restored and built into a brick wall left of the entrance. Google maps < https://goo.gl/maps > .
References: City of Sheffield Education Committee: "Post-war building : including primary schools, secondary schools, special schools, training colleges, further education", 1955.