Description: Fountain (no longer working) set in a classically styled structure with four pillars and roof. At the top of the pillars are ornately carved capitals. The main structure is in sandstone while the four pillars are of polished pink granite. A block of stone that once housed the fountain carries an inscription; THIS FOUNTAIN WAS ERECTED / BY THE MEMBERS OF THE BRITISH / UNITED ORDER OF ODDFELLOWS / TO PERPETUATE THE MEMORY OF / THE LATE / WILLIAM WESTRAN / ONE OF ITS FOUNDERS AND / CORRESPONDING SECRETARY FOR / TWENTY ONE YEARS. HE DIED WHILE / STILL IN OFFICE APRIL 2ND 1889 / IN HIS 66TH YEAR.
Another inscription at the base of the left hand column at the front states:
A.J & S. EATON Sc / 529 INTAKE RD. SHEF D
Commission: Erected by members of the British Order of Oddfellows - see inscription.