Exterior detail of the Tollhouse at St Fagans Natural History Museum. Board with toll charges on exterior of building. It was dismantled and moved here in 1962 from Penparcau on the outskirts of Aberystwyth. A one room building used for collecting tolls from road users. It opened in 1772 and closed for toll gathering in 1889, it was used as a private house between 1890 and 1960.
© Sheffield Hallam University
For educational use only. This image may be used in print or digital materials provided that full acknowledgment is given, expressed as follows: " © < insert details from the 'Rights' field >. Photographed by < insert details from the 'Photographed by' field >."
Open-air museums -- Wales
Architecture -- Wales