Anderton Boat Lift
24.4 m high. Each tank is 22.9 m long x 4.7 m wide x 2.9 m deep.
Detail: information boards at the entrance to the site.. The Anderton Boat Lift, built in 1875 and extended in 1908 to its present size, transported boats between the River Weaver and the Trent and Mersey Canal. Restored in 2001 in now lifts tourist vessels in the summer months. A museum was built next door to the site which is adjacenet to Community Woodlands and Parks and the canal marina.
© Sheffield Hallam University
For educational use only. This image may be used in print or digital materials provided that full acknowledgment is given, expressed as follows: " © < insert details from the 'Rights' field >. Photographed by < insert details from the 'Photographed by' field >."
Museums -- England (Cheshire)
Heritage tourism -- England (Cheshire)
Parks -- England (Cheshire)
Signs and signboards