18th century ; 20th century
Exterior view of Tollhouse at St Fagans Natural History Museum. It was dismantled and moved here in 1962 from Penparcau on the outskirts of Aberystwyth. A one room building used for collecting tolls from road users. It opened in 1772 and closed for toll gathering in 1889, it was used as a private house between 1890 and 1960.
© Sheffield Hallam University
For educational use only. This image may be used in print or digital materials provided that full acknowledgment is given, expressed as follows: " © < insert details from the 'Rights' field >. Photographed by < insert details from the 'Photographed by' field >."
Open-air museums -- Wales
Architecture -- Wales