Sheffield Pupil Teachers Centre
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Exterior detail: entrance and decorative stone work. Location: on the corner of Holly Street and Balm Green (behind the City Hall). Became the City Grammer School in 1964. Frank Tory was responsible for stone carvings on another of LOCKWOOD's buildings in Sheffield, the YMCA building on Fargate. The style of carving here is similar.
© Sheffield Hallam University
For educational use only. This image may be used in print or digital materials provided that full acknowledgment is given, expressed as follows: " © < insert details from the 'Rights' field >. Photographed by < insert details from the 'Photographed by' field >."
Architecture -- 1800-1900
Architecture -- England -- Sheffield
Schools -- England -- Sheffield
Decoration and ornament, Architectural