Hickleton, South Yorkshire
View of cross and surrounding site. Location: On the corner of Lidget Lane and Barnsley Lane. Description: An octagonal shaft supporting a cross mounted on a square plinth, the whole mounted on 4 steps. On the shaft beneath the feet of the crucifix is a shield with gothic lettering. Inscription: badly worn. Commission: Charles Lindley (1839-1934) 2nd Viscount Halifax. Erected in the first decades of the 20th century.
© Sheffield Hallam University
For educational use only. This image may be used in print or digital materials provided that full acknowledgment is given, expressed as follows: " © < insert details from the 'Rights' field >. Photographed by < insert details from the 'Photographed by' field >."
Sculpture -- England (South Yorkshire)
Sculpture, British -- 1900-2000