Doncaster, South Yorkshire
General view with Dome behind. Location: In a small lake, behind the Doncaster Dome. Access by foot from the main Dome car park off Gliwice Way and by walking to the east of the Dome buildings (Doncaster Leisure Park, Bawtry Road , Doncaster DN4 7PD). Description: The statue of a boatman in a rowing position with hands outstretched and face to the sky; neither oars or boat are visible. The statue is mounted on a triangular plinth in the lake. Commission: Given to the town by Doncaster's Polish Twin Town: Gliwice and installed, with some difficulty, by helicopter, courtesy of the RAF, in 1989. The Foundry where this was produced was in Gliwice, Poland. The owner of the Foundry at the time Tadeusz Wojarski.  References  information from Mrs E. Farningham  e-mail from Libby Kendall, Personal Assistant to the General Manager, The Dome 21/5/04
© Sheffield Hallam University
For educational use only. This image may be used in print or digital materials provided that full acknowledgment is given, expressed as follows: " © < insert details from the 'Rights' field >. Photographed by < insert details from the 'Photographed by' field >."
Creator Dates - Born:
Public art -- England -- Doncaster
Sculpture -- 1900-2000