(Museum of a Victorian Town)
19th century ; 20th century
Squatter Cottage. Originally located three miles away and probably built and occupied by workers in the local mine. Built in by 1841 from rubble stone with a brick hearth and ash and birch timber roof. Relocated in 1973. Reconstructed on this site.
© Sheffield Hallam University
For educational use only. This image may be used in print or digital materials provided that full acknowledgment is given, expressed as follows: " © < insert details from the 'Rights' field >. Photographed by < insert details from the 'Photographed by' field >."
Heritage tourism -- England -- Ironbridge
Buildings -- Repair and reconstruction
Museums -- England
Cottages -- England